These Peach Brie Tarts are simple, easy and packed with flavor! This is an easy dessert or breakfast that you can serve to your family or guests. It’s perfect for when you’re short on time but still want a delicious treat!
It’s crazy because I’m not really a pastry person, if you know me then you know I love candy, ah! Well…I’m low key obsessed with these Peach Brie Tarts. Can you blame me, though? They’re light, flaky, with a buttery crust that rises into golden perfection when baked. The honey and peach preserve add the perfect amount of sweetness! We’re half way through peach season which of course means more pies, cobblers and my super easy Peach Cobbler Dump Cake.
- Start with puff pastry that has been thawed, but not warm.
- To thaw, take the pastry out of the box and let it defrost for about 40 minutes to an hour. Keep an eye out though, because if the puff pastry gets too warm, it will be hard to work with and won’t puff as much when you go to bake the tarts.
- If you’re pressed for time, you can place the puff pastry in the microwave in super quick intervals to help defrost. When I say quick, I mean quick because it’s super easy to ruin the puff pastry if it gets too warm.
- Use a sharp knife, or pizza cutter to cut the pastry into squares.
- Puff pastry is easiest to work with when cold but still pliable. Try to find the sweet spot before it warms up and gets too soft or sticky.
- The Tarts can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Feel free to reheat them in microwave as needed.
Questions about these Peach Brie Tarts? Did you make this recipe? Let me know in the comments below! Tag me #chefelizabethreese on Instagram, I’d love to see your creations!
Peach Brie Tarts
- 2 Sheets of Puff Pastry, Defrosted
- 2 Peaches, thinly sliced in wedges
- 4-5 Oz Thinly Sliced strips of Brie
- 1 Egg, beaten with a splash of water
- Peach Preserves, as needed
- 4-5 Tablespoons Honey
- 2 Teaspoons Freshly Chopped Thyme
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Preheat the oven to 365°F.
- Line a sheet tray with parchment paper, and spray with non-stick spray, set aside.
- On a cutting board, cut the pastry sheet in half horizontally then cut vertically, to create 4 squares. Transfer to the sheet tray.
- Spread a layer of peach preserves on each individual pastry square (as much as you’d like). Arrange 2-3 slices of brie on top of the preserves then top with 3-4 slices of peach slices.
- Brush the edges of the puff pastry with the egg wash. Bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes until the edges are nice and golden.
- Meanwhile, combine the honey, about 1 tablespoon of peach preserves and thyme, in a small bowl. Drizzle tarts with the honey mixture. Enjoy!