These No-Bake Peanut Butter Protein Bars quickly come together with ingredients like oats, chocolate chips, chia seeds, dried fruit, peanut butter, and honey!
So im about 8 months pregnant, and if you have kids or are currently pregnant then you know you’re pretty much always hungry between the second and third trimesters haha. That is 100 percent where this Peanut Butter Protein Bar recipe stemmed from. I found myself always wanting a “snack” but whenever that would happen I would do my best to go the healthier route but that didn’t always work out so well… ha. Anyway, this protein bar recipe is super easy to make, no baking required and holds me over for a while so I am not constantly snacking throughout the day. I love how you can easily add or remove whatever ingredients you’d like based on your preferences or what you have handy.
I must admit, the first time I made these I wasn’t too sure how the recipe would work in bar form because they aren’t baked. But, these worked out perfectly. I will say that since these bars don’t need to be baked they will absolutely need to be chilled to hold its form, they can be stored in the refrigerator or freezer. If you put them in the freezer I recommend letting them sit out for about 2 minutes or so before eating so they aren’t rock hard.
Peanut Butter Protein Bars
- 1½ Cups Peanut butter
- 1½-2 Cups Oatmeal
- ⅓ Cup Honey
- ⅓ Cup Vanilla almond milk
- 1 Scoop Vanilla protein powder
- ⅓ Cup Mini chocolate chips, as needed
- ¼ Cup Dried cherries, as needed
- Line a 9x9 pan with parchment paper, it's fine if it hangs over the sides a bit. Set aside.
- Combine the peanut butter, honey and vanilla almond milk in a medium heatproof glass bowl and place in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds and mix together the ingredients until smooth not runny. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the oats, chia seeds, protein powder, dried cherries and half of the chocolate chips.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture into the oat mixture and stir until well combined. Transfer the mix to the prepared pan and press into an even layer. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top, lightly pressing them into the mix, and freeze for about 15 minutes or so to allow the Protein Bars to set.
- Remove from the pan and cut into 9 bars, then transfer to an airtight container and freeze or refrigerate. Enjoy!