Breakfast is literally my favorite meal so I’m always looking for ways to shake things up! Truth is I could honestly eat bacon every single day and never get tired of it… no lie! So, I tried Pound Cake French Toast at this little diner that my husband and I went to a couple years ago and it was the best thing I’ve ever had for breakfast. I thought pound cake for breakfast and it’s not overly sweet, HECK YES! From that point on I knew I had to create my own version of it to make when I wanted. So here it is… Pound Cake French Toast! Need I say more? It really doesn’t get much better than this!
Pound Cake French Toast
- 1 Package Sara lee pound cake, sliced
- 2 Large egss, beaten
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Brown sugar
- 3-4 Tablespoons Butter
- Powdered Sugar (optional)
- 1-2 Tablespoons Canola oil (as needed)
- Whisk eggs, milk, vanilla extract, brown sugar and ground cinnamon in a medium bowl until well combined. Set aside.
- Melt butter and a little canola oil in a skillet on medium heat.
- Dip each pound cake slice into the egg mixture being sure to lightly coat all sides and shaking off excess (Do not drench).
- Add to skillet and cook on each side for about1-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Top with syrup, fruit and/or powdered sugar. Enjoy!