These Red Velvet Cake Balls are the perfect festive treat especially for Valentines Day! They are super moist and chocolatey.
Honestly, I have never been a fan of cake balls and I have no idea why haha. I think I may have had a weird tasting one in the past and sort of stayed away from them ever since. However, it wasn’t until recently that I really wanted red velvet cake but not the traditional cake… more so bite sized pieces covered in white chocolate. So here we are we these delicious Red Velvet Cake Balls.
Cake Balls are so simple to make they are basically just red velvet cake mix and cream cheese mixed together, then dipped in chocolate and topped with fun sprinkles or an additional chocolate drizzle. The good thing is that one box of cake mix will make a ton of these cake balls which are perfect parties or to just enjoy at home. If you’re looking for another easy red velvet sweets dessert check out my Red Velvet Parfait recipe!
Red Velvet Cake Balls
- 1 Box Red velvet cake mix (Including the ingredients on the back to make the cake)
- 1 8oz Package cream cheese, softened
- 2 12 oz Packages white chocolate chips
- 1 12 oz Package milk chocolate chips
- Festive sprinkles, as needed
- Prepare the red velvet cake according to box instructions. Let cool completely before crumbling up.
- Using a fork or your hands and break up the cake into crumbles in a large bowl. Add softened cream cheese and fold in with your hands or rubber spatula until the cream cheese is fully incorporated.
- Take a cookie scoop and scoop about 40 cake balls or eyeball about 1 tablespoon or so per ball and place on a wax paper-lined baking sheet. Place in the fridge to chill.
- While the cake balls are in the fridge, heat the white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl until completely melted. Be sure to check often to avoid burning the chocolate.
- Remove the cake balls from the fridge and place one ball at a time into the melted chocolate. Using a fork or spoon, evenly coat each ball with the chocolate and transfer back to the baking sheet and repeat until finished.
- Melt the milk chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl be careful not to burn. Using a fork drizzle on top on white chocolate covered cake balls.
- Sprinkle on festive sprinkles of your choice, enjoy!