Satisfy your sweet tooth with a couple of these Salted Caramel Brownies! They are a mix between cake and fudgy brownies, the BEST of both worlds.
I feel like I’ve tested what seems like tons of brownie recipes and FINALLY I have one that is exceptional! They are rich, chocolatey and just good AF especially if you love the whole salty/sweet thing. I love how the caramel bakes in these brownies, it candies a bit. Which basically gives you chewy and slightly crisp edges throughout each brownie. But I always drizzle them with a little extra caramel before once cooled because why the heck not? LOL
- Don’t over mix the brownie batter. Once you add in the flour, just mix until it’s blended.
- If you want to make these Salted Caramel Brownies ahead of time, I’d make them the night before, letting them cool in the pan overnight.
- These brownies need to be completely cooled in the pan before cutting, they are very delicate when warm. I like to let mine cool overnight if I can even wait that long.
- Insert a toothpick to make sure your brownies are done. If they still have crumbs on the toothpick, remove them from the oven. Your brownies will continue to bake even as they cool. If they still have brownie batter on the toothpick, then keep them in, but monitor them every couple of minutes, then check again using a toothpick.
SATISFY YOUR SWEET TOOTH!
- Circus Animal Cookie Sandwiches
- Red Velvet Churro Bites
- Biscoff Cookie Cake Bars
- Apple Pie Egg Rolls
- Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Sandwiches
Salted Caramel Brownies
- ⅓ Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1¾ Cup All Purpose Flour
- 2½ Cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Expresso Powder (Optional)
- 1½ Stick + 2 Tablespoons Unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Teaspoon Fine Sea Salt
- ½ Cup Boiling Hot Water
- ¼ Cup Unsweetened Chocolate, chopped
- 1 Cup Semi- Sweet Choclate, chopped
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Egg Yolks only
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Sea Salt Caramel Sauce (I used Ghirardelli)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a 13×9 baking dish with parchment paper or foil then spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour and sea salt together until combined. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, add the cocoa powder and espresso powder. Pour in the hot water, and whisk until well combined then add in the chopped unsweetened chocolate and whisk until the mixture is smooth and the chocolate is completely melted.
- Pour in the melted butter, and the vanilla extract and continue to whisk.
- In another bowl, whisk together the 2 eggs, 2 egg yolks, and sugar until fully combined, then add it to the chocolate mixture. Gently fold in the flour and salt mixture until smooth and no flour pockets are in sight. Then, fold in the chopped semi-sweet chocolate.
- Do not overmix the brownie batter.
- Pour half the brownie batter into your prepared baking dish, spoon in some of the salted caramel, swirl with a butter knife then pour the remaining batter on top and add more caramel, swirl then bake for about 40 minutes. (I do not measure the caramel I pretty much eyeball it depending on how much I want to add)
- Remove the brownies from the oven and insert a toothpick into the center of the brownies. The toothpick should come out almost clean, with just a few crumbs remaining. Let them cool, drizzle more caramel on top, slice and enjoy!