This Sausage Flatbread Pizza is an easy appetizer, lunch or dinner idea that takes less than 30 minutes to make from start to finish!
I’ve been on this pizza kick lately, maybe because the weather is slowly warming up which means it’ll soon be too hot to spend hours in the kitchen. So… let’s switch it up a bit with this super easy yet delicious Sausage Flatbread Pizza!
This is the easiest, most simple pizza recipe you will make. The ricotta on top adds such an amazing creamy texture and a small hint of sweetness to the pizza. Then for the finishing touch, drizzle on some pesto. It’s what takes the pizza to the next level in my opinion. I started adding pesto on my pizza years ago not realizing it was something that I never knew I needed. Trust me…add it. Thank me later!
- Keep Naan bread in your freezer for last minute dinner or lunch meals. It freezes well and you don’t have to defrost it prior to baking.
- Low moisture mozzarella is best for pizza. It’s creamy and melts well.
- If you decide to add veggies or an additional protein, make sure the veggies are cut into small pieces and the protein is cooked so that they have a chance to cook through.
- Store any leftover pizza in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Need more appetizer recipes?
- Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Wings
- Easy Coconut Shrimp
- Steak Kabobs
- Chipotle Mango Jerk Wings
- Easy Smoked Potato Skins
Questions about the Sausage Flatbread Pizza? Did you make this recipe? Let me know in the comments below! Tag me #chefelizabethreese on Instagram, I’d love to see your creations!
Sausage Flatbread Pizza
- 2 Roasted Garlic Naan Flatbread
- ½ Cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, more as needed
- 1 Jar Pizza Sauce
- 2 Italian Sausage Links, Cooked
- ¼ Cup Pesto
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Lay the flatbread on a sheet tray, using a spoon or small ladle, spread the pizza sauce over the bottom in an even layer.
- Top with shredded mozzarella, cooked Italian sausage and dollops of ricotta cheese. Bake for about 10-12 minutes until the cheese is completely melted and the crust is golden brown.
- Drizzle with pesto and garnish with basil, enjoy!