Where are all of my brussels sprouts fans at? This salad is for you! Even if you’re not crazy obsessed with brussels sprouts, you’re still going to love this salad. So, I thought that roasting brussels sprouts was the best way to eat them, or with bacon of course but it turns out that this shaved brussels sprout salad is a game changer. I know you’re probably thinking… is raw and shredded actually the best way to eat brussels sprouts? Have I been missing out all this time? OH MY GOD… YES!
This is the perfect salad for a light Saturday lunch or to make when you’re having guests over! You can prep all of the ingredients ahead of time and assemble the salad later. You guys know I’m all about saving time in the kitchen.
Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad
For the Salad
- 1 ln Brussels sprouts
- 1 Granny smith apple (can also use Gala)
- 1 Medium red onion
- 1 Cup Chopped walnuts
For the Vinaigrette
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1-2 Tablespoons Agave (can use maple syrup)
- 3 Tablespoons Red wine vinegar
- 1 Clove Minced garlic
- 1/2 Cup Olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Trim the ends off the Brussels sprouts. Using a sharp knife OR you can use a mandoline slicer if you have one and slice each sprout thinly. Slice the apple and red onion in the same manner. Combine everything in a large bowl. Add in walnuts.
- Combine the vinaigrette ingredients in a bowel and lightly whisk. Pour over the Brussels sprout mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.