This warm, ooey gooey Skillet Brownie recipe is perfect way to enjoy a sweet treat with a scoop of cold, creamy ice cream on top! This is a chocolate lover’s dream dessert!
Just because summer has come to an end doesn’t mean you still can’t enjoy chocolatey brownies and ice cream! I mean here in NC it still feels like summer so I feel like these are perfect for any season really. Skillet Brownies are really easy to make, you can choose your favorite box brownies and vanilla ice cream and you’re good to go to!
- Don’t pour too much batter in the skillet pans or you’ll risk having over cooked brownies on the outside and undercooked on the inside.
- The key to making the perfect Skillet Brownies well any brownies for that matter is making sure the brownie is slightly underdone when removing from the oven so its ooey and gooey on the inside yet still firm. Trust me, you don’t want hard crusty brownies because that would be the absolute worst.
Check out my S’mores Cookie Cups recipe while you’re here…you will fall in love!
- 1 Box Brownie mix, plus additional ingredients on packaging (I prefer Betty Crocker Premium Chocolate Chunk Brownie Mix)
- 1 Cup Chopped semi- sweet bakers chocolate
- 1 Cup Crushed Oreos
- Vanilla ice cream
- 2 Bars Hershey's chocolate bar, melted
- Mix brownies according to package instructions.
- Stir in semi sweet chocolate.
- Transfer to 2, 7 inch skillets and put any remaining brownie mixture into smaller ramekins.
- Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes or until right before brownies are cooked through.
- Melt the hershey’s chocolate in a microwave safe bowl.
- Remove from oven and let cool a bit and scoop vanilla ice cream on top sprinkle with crushed oreos and drizzle melted hershey's chocolate on top. Enjoy!