These Slow Cooker Cuban Sandwiches are a hit in my house and go pretty fast! I’ve always loved any sort of deli sandwich jazzed up with ham, turkey or bacon and allll the toppings haha. Mainly because it’s a quick and easy lunch that taste so good!
Juicy and tender slow cooked pork with ham, pickles, cheese, and mustard. A true classic! The best part is that you can make these Cuban Sandwiches as sliders if you need to feed a ton of people or use any leftover pork for tacos or loaded nachos. You don’t have to have a ton of fancy ingredients to make a good Cuban Sandwich. All you really need to focus on is seasoning and properly cooking the pork which is packed with a ton of flavor!
Slow Cooker Cuban Sandwich
For the pork
- 4 lbs Pork butt
- 2 Tablespoons Lime juice
- 4 Tablespoons Cumin
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1 Teaspoon Black pepper
- 4 Tablespoons Garlic powder
- 4 Tablespoons Smoked paprika
- 3-4 Tablespoons Chili powder
- 3-4 Tablespoons Oregano
- 1/3 Cup Chicken stock
- 2 Bay leaves
- 4 Tablespoons Lizano salsa, as needed (optional)
For the sandwiches
- 1-2 Loafs of italian bread
- 12 Slices Swiss cheese
- 18 Slices Ham
- Poke the pork butt all over with a knife.
- Add chicken stock and bay leaves to the bottom slow cooker.
- Add all of the pork ingredients to the meat and place in the slow cooker. Cook on high for about 5-6 hours until fork tender.
- When ready, shred the meat using a fork.
- Slice bread in half and rub butter on both side of the top of the bread.
- For each sandwich, spread mustard on the bottom half, layer on 3 slices of ham, 2 slices cheese, pulled pork, and 2 pickle slices. Place sandwich on a hot panini press until golden brown. You can also use a large skillet if you do not have a panini press instead. Enjoy!