The perfect way to get ready for summer, S’mores Cookie Cups! Great for both kids and adults.
Let’s just admit it…we are all pretty much obsessed with chocolate chip cookies, right? I mean who doesn’t love a freshly toasted s’more? Both of them together=HEAVEN! S’mores are my favorite summertime treat! It reminds me of when I was younger going camping as a girl scout… I know hard to believe I was a in girl scouts haha well that didn’t last very long! Anyway, it can be a bit much to light up a fire to make s’mores, so these S’mores Cookie Cups are the next best thing! The chocolate chip cookie cup is filled with marshmallow and topped with chocolate and graham cracker crumbles. Honestly, these might just be better than actual s’mores!
I have so many good memories roasting and sometimes burning marshmallows with family and friends on summer nights or on cabin trips around a fire firepit. When you don’t have a fire pit or a grill but are in need of a good s’more, then you’ve gotta make these bangin’ S’mores Cookie Cups! I’m telling you, they are so soft, and gooey. When you take the first bite your little toes will be wiggling away because it’s that dang on good!These easy to throw together s’mores cookie cups really don’t require too much skill or special equipment which is great especially if you plan to make a huge batch!
Now I will keep it real with you because you guys know I’m going to give you the scoop… these were a little difficult to get out of the mini muffin pan even with me spraying non-stick cooking spray. So, I strongly suggest to not skip this step. Once the cups cooled completely, I did have to turn the pan over and tap it a few times on the counter to get them to come out!
S'mores Cookie Cups
For the S'mores
- 1/2 Cup Graham cracker cookies, crumbled
- 1 Bag Large marshmallows
- 2 Hershey's chocolate bars, melted
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
For the Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 & ⅓ Cup
- 1 Teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Sticks
Unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 Cup Light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 Cup Granulated sugar
- 2-3 Teaspoons Vanilla
- 2 Large Eggs, room temperature
- 2 Cups Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and generously spray a 24 cup mini muffin pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter and both sugars; beat on medium-speed for about 2-3 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and beat smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Reduce mixer speed to low and gradually add in the flour mixture. Be sure not to over beat the mixture. Turn mixer off. Using a or wooden spoon, fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop 1/2 tablespoon of dough into well-greasedmini muffin pan and press down gently to form a little pocket in the center. You should be able to fill all 24 cups. Bake for about 6-7 minutes. Dough will puff up slightly when baking so don’t be alarmed. Remove pan from oven and using back of teaspoon, create indents in the center of the cookie cups. Allow cups to cool completely in the pan for about 6-10 minutes before removing.
- While the cups are cooling. Pour Marshmallows in a microwave safe bowl with about 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of vanilla melt in the microwave for about 2-4 minutes, constantly checking and mixing so that they do not burn or overflow. Melt the chocolate in a microwaveable safe bowl and set aside.
- Transfer cookie cups to baking sheet. Using small spoon, fill cookie cups with marshmallow fluff. Next, drizzle on melted chocolate and add graham cracker crumbles on top! Allow chocolate to set at room temperature. Enjoy!