This Southern Succotash with Bacon recipe is so simple yet packed with so much flavor. Lima beans, fresh corn, and pimentos are sautéed in good ol’ bacon fat!
Succotash doesn’t have to be served only as a side dish, it can become the main staple when served with a piece of hot buttery cornbread or white rice! Of course, there are so many different variations of this recipe out there. The most incredible part about this recipe is the versatility! You can pretty much add what you’d like. Some use okra, onions or tomatoes, it’s really based on the person cooking it and their preference so feel free to get creative! This specific Southern Succotash with Bacon recipe is just my go to!
Questions about this Southern Succotash with Bacon? Did you make this recipe? Let me know in the comments below! Tag me #chefelizabethreese on Instagram, I’d love to see your creations!
Southern Succotash with Bacon
- 4-5 Slices of bacon
- 2½ Cups Frozen Lima Beans, Thawed
- 2½ Cups Frozen Corn, Thawed (Can also use fresh corn)
- 4 Tablespoons Pimentos
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley
- ½ Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- Kosher Salt and Pepper, as needed
- Garlic Powder, as needed
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Set aside to cool slightly. Then chop. Reserve 2 tablespoons of bacon fat in pan.
- Add lima beans and corn to skillet and cook until heated through, about 5-6 minutes. Stir in pimientos, parsley, vinegar, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Add in chopped bacon. Enjoy!