I can’t even begin to describe how amazingly delicious these Spinach and Artichoke Chicken Thighs are. Man listen, the crispy chicken paired with the Spinach and Artichoke are to die for and will have your taste buds going crazy.
Okay guys, I AM BACK! I’ve been ghost for about 4ish months because I’ve pretty much been obsessed with my new little boy 🙂 and very busy being a new mom. It’s been crazy around here. Anyway, here’s another simple yet amazing chicken recipe to add to your weekly rotation! I’ve mentioned this before but we eat A L O T of chicken in this house so I kinda have to get creative. Chicken is very versatile and easy to work with. This recipe is super similar to my Spinach Artichoke Dip recipe, I pretty much just added chicken and a few additional spices. Don’t be overwhelmed by the list of ingredients needed for this recipe, honestly most of the spices are not absolutely necessary, they just ya know… enhance the flavor a bit more. So, if you don’t have one of the spices it is totally fine to leave it off.
DO I HAVE TO USE CHICKEN THIGHS?
Of course not! Feel free to use other cuts of chicken including drumsticks or breasts. However, keep in mind that different cuts of chicken will require different cook times!
Spinach and Artichoke Chicken Thighs
- 6 Chicken thighs
- Onion powder, as needed
- Smoked paprika, as needed
- Garlic powder, as needed
- Kosher salt and black pepper, as needed
- Herbs de Provence, as needed
- ½ Teaspoon Crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 Tablespoons Green onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Chives, chopped
- 2-3 Cloves Sliced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Parsley, chopped
- ⅓ Cup Yellow onion, chopped
- ½ Teaspoon Rosemary, chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Thyme, chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 13 Ounce Can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 Bag of fresh spinach , chpped
- 2-3 Ounces Cream cheese, as needed
- 2 Ounces Grated parmesan cheese
- 1½ Heavy cream
- 1½ Cups Chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Tbalespoons All purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons Canola oil
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Season the chicken thighs with kosher salt, black pepper, herbs de provence, onion powder, garlic powder.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of canola oil in a large braising pan.
- Sear the chicken thighs starting with skin side down for about 7-8 minutes or so to form a nice crispy crust, set aside and keep warm. (The chicken will not be cooked through, you just want to get a nice crust and finish cooking in the oven later).
- In the same, add the remaining butter and canola oil. Add in the yellow onion, green onion, crushed red pepper, sliced garlic, thyme and rosemary. Cook until the onions are slightly translucent and the garlic is fragrant. (Be careful not to burn the garlic).
- Add in the strained artichokes and stir, cooking for about 2 minutes. Add in the flour to begin to form your sauce. Mix well.
- Add in chicken broth, heavy cream, cream cheese and lemon zest. Increase the heat slightly and let sauce thicken.
- Once the sauce has thickened to your liking, add in parsley and chives. Then add in spinach and parmesan cheese.
- Add the chicken back to the pan, skin side up and not completely submerged in the sauce and place in the oven and cook for about 10 minutes so that the chicken can continue cooking through. Remove from the oven and let cool. Enjoy!