These Spinach and Feta Pork Chops are juicy, packed with flavor and topped with a delicious cheese filling.
I don’t know about you but I love a good pork chop. Pan seared with a nice crust or fried… I am here for it. Although, it’s one of those proteins that I don’t eat often due to trying to cut the amount of pork we eat in our house. Anyway, when we do eat pork chops I feel like they have to be legit. If you’re looking for a simple yet satisfying recipe then these Spinach and Feta Pork Chops are the real deal. They’re generally easy to prepare and are a great way to sneak in spinach to serve to the kiddos!
WHAT CUT OF PORK CHOPS SHOULD I USE FOR THIS RECIPE?
I recommend choosing a bone- in cut of pork chop. The bones release a ton of flavor, and also help the meat retain a lot of tenderness.
CAN I MAKE THIS RECIPE USING BONELESS PORK CHOPS?
ABSOLUTELY! Although I highly recommend bone-in, this recipe can definitely be made with boneless loin pork chops.
Questions about these Spinach and Feta Pork Chops? Did you make this recipe? Let me know in the comments below! Tag me #chefelizabethreese on Instagram, I’d love to see your creations!
Spinach and Feta Pork Chops
- 4 Pork Chops (can use bone in or without the bone)
- 1 8oz Pack of Cream Cheese, softned
- ½ Cup Frozen Spinach, add more as needed (thawed, warmed and drainded)
- ¼ Cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- ¼ Cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3-4 Tablespoons Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- Kosher salt and black pepper, as needed
- Garlic powder, as needed
- Smoked Paprika, as needed
- Chili powder, as needed
- 2 Tablespooons Canola oil, more as needed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium size bowl add cream cheese, spinach, half of the mozzarella cheese, pecorino romano cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder and smoked paprika. Mix until combined, set aside.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet or cast iron over medium heat.
- Season the pork chops with a little salt, pepper, garlic powder and chili powder.
- Sear the pork chops on both sides until lightly browned on both sides. About 2-3 minutes per side. No need to cook all the way through because they will finish cooking in the oven.
- Remove the pan from the heat and top the pork chops with the spinach mixture, and the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the oven until the cheese is melted and the pork chops are cooked through. Enjoy!