I’m sure at least once you’ve tried the store-bought spinach artichoke dip. You know the kind that’s packed in the jar loaded with mayo and a bunch of other random stuff haha. Don’t feel ashamed because I definitely have especially in college oh I lived for it! Well this version of Spinach Artichoke Dip is so much better! No need to even buy that stuff anymore, this is incredibly easy to make and is great for game nights with friends or a weekend snack!
WHAT SHOULD I SERVE SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP WITH?
- Tortilla chips
- Wheat Thins
CAN I USE FOZEN SPINACH INSTEAD OF FRESH?
- Most definitely! Use what works for you. If doing so be sure to completely drain the liquid from the spinach prior to adding to the cream mixture to get ready of some of the excess liquid.
Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 10 Ounce Bag of fresh spinach
- 1/2 Teaspoon Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 13 Ounce Can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/3 Cup Chopped yellow onion
- 4 Tablespoons Chopped green onion
- 2-3 Ounces Cream cheese, as needed
- 3 Ounces Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Ounces Grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Cups Heavy cream
- 1/2 Tablespoon Garlic powder, as needed
- Kosher salt and pepper taste
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika, as needed
- 1 Tablespoon All purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large skilled over medium heat, sauté spinach until wilted. Drain to remove the excess liquid. Set aside
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add butter, green onions, yellow onions and crushed red pepper flakes. Sauté until onions are translucent. Add in smoked paprika and mix together.
- Turn the heat up to medium high and add in the chopped artichoke hearts. This will help get rid of some of the excess liquid from the artichokes. Season with kosher salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Add in flour and mix well. Then add in heavy cream and cream cheese and stir until combined and cream cheese melts.
- Add in mozzarella and spinach, mix until combined.
- Pour into a baking dish and layer with mozzarella and parmesan cheese if desired or just on top. Enjoy!