Juicy, tender, Steak Kabobs grilled to perfection!
I’m all about firing up the grill during the summer months, in the backyard chillin’ you know… a whole vibe! Quick and easy meals have always been my go to as yall know! I mean what mother doesn’t love them? These days I’ve got to be quick because I have a little toddler yanking on my leg ready to EAT!
I love how I can simply pop the steak and veggies off the skewers and serve this to my family for lunch or dinner with some Roasted Garlic Butter Potatoes.
WHAT TYPE OF STEAK SHOULD I USE?
Sirloin is one of my favorite cuts of meat to cook with and is great for kabobs. It is lean and doesn’t have a lot of excess fat, which makes it easy to cut into cubes for the skewers.
WHAT TYPE OF SKEWERS SHOULD I USE?
I usually like to use metal skewers for kabobs because they are reusable. However, feel free to also use bamboo skewers. Keep in mind that you will have to soak them in water for about 30 minutes prior to placing them on the grill. This will prevent the skewers from burning on the grill.
WHAT IF I DON’T HAVE A GRILL?
No problem! These kabobs can be cooked in a grill pan on the stovetop.
Questions about these Steak Kabobs? Did you make this recipe? Let me know in the comments below! Tag me #chefelizabethreese on Instagram, I’d love to see your creations!
- 2 lb Sirloin, Cut into Cubes
- Half Red Onion, Cute into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Red Pepper, Cute into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Green Pepper, Cute into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Yellow Pepper, Cute into 1-inch pieces
- ½ Teaspoon Smoky Paprika Chipotle, as needed
- ½ Teaspoon Onion Powder, as needed
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder, as needed
- ¼ Teaspoon Cayenne pepper, as needed
- ½ Teaspoon Kosher Salt, as needed
- ⅓ Cup Canola oil
- 1 Stick of Butter, melted
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Parsley
- Season the beef with smoky paprika chipotle, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and kosher salt. Coat in canola oil and add to a ziplock bag. Place in the fridge to marinate for about 2 hours.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium high heat.
- Add the minced garlic and chopped parsley to the melted butter and set aside.
- Thread the beef, peppers and onion onto skewers.
- Place the kabobs on the grill and cook for about 4-5 minutes per side.
- As the kabobs are cooking, generously brush them with the garlic butter.
- Remove the kabobs from the heat season to taste. Enjoy!