Soft, chewy, buttery Strawberry Cream Cookies filled with white chocolate chips, freeze-dried strawberries and golden Oreos!
It’s no secret that I absolutely love cookies, chocolate chip cookies to be exact! BUT, these Strawberry Cream Cookies might just take the cake for the top spot. Y’all… these cookies were delicious, better than expected honestly. The moist, chewy center with the slightly crispy edges were AMAZING, okay!
CAN I USE FRESH STRAWBERRIES?
For this recipe I used freeze-dried strawberries because if you try to put fresh or frozen fruit in cookie dough they become all soggy and won’t bake properly due to the excess moisture.
CAN I FREEZE THE COOKIE DOUGH?
Yes! Follow the steps below to freeze your cookie dough.
- Make the cookie dough.
- Transfer the dough to the fridge to chill for about an hour.
- Scoop out balls of cookie dough and place onto a parchment-lined sheet tray.
- Flash freeze the cookie dough. Transfer the sheet tray to the freezer and let the cookie dough chill for about 30 minutes. This will allow the balls of cookie dough to become solid so when you put them on top of each other in a freezer bag they don’t stick to each other.
- Make sure you chill the dough! This is very important since we used room temperature butter. The dough will need time to chill, it also gives the flavors and textures time to come together.
- Please make sure you are measuring properly. I recommend spooning your ingredients in the measuring cups and leveling them off with the back of a butter knife, especially the flour.
- Let your cookies cool! I know it will be super hard but totally worth it in order to get that soft chewy center and crispy edge.
- These cookies taste best 1-2 days after being made. They do last up to a week in an airtight container and kept at room temperature. However, be sure to wait until cookies are completely cooled before adding them to the container.
Questions about these Strawberry Cream Cookies? Did you make this recipe? Let me know in the comments below! Tag me #chefelizabethreese on Instagram, I’d love to see your creations!
Strawberry Cream Cookies
- 2 Teaspoons Cornstarch
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter, Room Temperature
- ¾ Cup Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Bread Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ Tablespoon Strawberry Extract
- 1 Egg
- 1 Egg Yolk
- ½ Cup White Chocolate Chips
- 4 Ounces Bar White Chocolate, Chopped
- 1½ Cup Freeze-Dried Strawberries, Chopped
- ⅓ Cup Golden Crushed Oreos
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Whisk the dry ingredients- all purpose flour, bread flour, baking soda, baking powder, cornstarch and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a stand mixer using the paddle attachment (or a bowl with a hand mixer), beat the butter for about 3-5 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Add the granulated sugar and brown sugar, vanilla extract, and strawberry extract. Continue mixing for another 2ish minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Add in the egg and egg yolk. Mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixer a little at a time and mix together until fully incorporated, about 30 seconds. Fold the chopped chocolate, along with the white chocolate chips and crushed Oreos into the cookie dough. Fold in the freeze-dried strawberries.
- Chill the dough for about 30 minutes.
- Scoop cookie dough onto a parchment paper-lined sheet tray with a standard cookie scoop.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes, then allow to finish baking on the hot cookie sheet for about 2ish minutes
- Top with extra white chocolate chips while the cookies are still warm.Transfer to a wired rack. Enjoy!