This Strawberry Lemonade Sheet Cake is fluffy and moist topped with a delicious cream cheese frosting and fresh strawberries!
I’m sure, when you hop on Pinterest you’ll find HUNDREDS of strawberry cake recipes. Which can be overwhelming when you’re looking for one that tastes good, is simple to make and doesn’t just look “pretty”. Y’all know I’m infamous for “quick and easy recipes” that also taste good!
Well, this Strawberry Lemonade Sheet Cake is delicious and it’s actually pretty simple to make. I decided to make this recipe homemade-ish because I am using strawberry jello to intensify the strawberry flavour and a nice pink color to the batter.
- Make sure your cream cheese is room temperature. I recommend pulling the cream cheese out about an hour before you use it. This is key when mixing your frosting.
- Let your butter sit on the counter for about 20 minutes prior to mixing your frosting. This will help firm it up.
- Sift your powdered sugar to avoid lumpy frosting.
- Feel free to make the frosting up to 1-2 days ahead of time. The frosting can be stored in the fridge until needed. Once you get ready to frost your cake, let the frosting sit out for about 30 minutes to an hour.
- You can store your sheet cake in the fridge in an airtight container for about 3-4 days or at room temperature on the counter. I just recommend removing it from the fridge 5-10 minutes before eating to allow the cake to come to room temperature.
Questions about this Strawberry Lemonade Sheet Cake? Did you make this recipe? Let me know in the comments below! Tag me #chefelizabethreese on Instagram, I’d love to see your creations!
Strawberry Lemonade Sheet Cake
For the Cake
- 3 Cups Cake Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter, Melted
- 4 Eggs Room Temperature
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Zest
- 4 Teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 2 Teaspoons Strawberry Extract, Optional
- ½ Cup Strawberry Jello Mix
For the Frosting
- 4 Ounces Plain Cream Cheese, Room Tempearture
- 2½ Cups Powdered Sugar, Sifted
- 1½ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 2½ Tablespoons Strawberry Jam, more as needed
- 1 Stick of Butter
- Strawberries for topping, Optional
For the Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350°F .
- Spray a 9X13 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray. Then line the bottom and 2 of the longer sides of the pan with parchment paper and spray again.
- Whisk the cake flour, baking powder, strawberry jello and salt together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the melted butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, lemon zest, lemon juice, and strawberry extract together until combined.
- Stir in about half of the dry mixture. Then stir in the milk and the rest of the dry mixture and mix until fully combined. Keep in mind that the batter will be thin, which is ok!
- Pour the batter into the 9x13 baking dish and bake for about 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool completely before frosting. Enjoy!
For the Frosting
- While the cake is cooling, make the frosting.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer cream together the room temp cream cheese and butter until completely smooth. Then add in the powdered sugar and beat on low until combined.
- Slowly add in the lemon juice, vanilla and strawberry jam until fully combined.
- Frost cooled cake and top with fresh strawberries if you’d like! Enjoy!