Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Sandwiches are the perfect easy summer dessert!
Anyone else freaking out because it’s already August and summer is pretty much over? We’ve been quarantined for what feels like forever due to COVID-19 which is so annoying ugh! Anyway, I have the perfect recipe for you to try with the kiddos or small group of friends this weekend.
Since being stuck in the house my food cravings have been all over the place and has me wanting to make the most random things haha. I’ve been wanting to make a recipe incorporating strawberry shortcake in some way for quite some time now and finally these Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Sandwiches came to mind. They were so damn good yall better than I even expected. The crushed golden oreos and crumbled strawberry cake were the perfect combo. Did I mention how easy these were to make? All you pretty much have to do is grab some premade sugar cookie dough, bake large cookies, grab some vanilla ice cream, freeze dried strawberries, strawberry cake mix and golden oreos and boom you’ve got yummy Ice Cream Sandwiches.
Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 Roll Sugar cookie premade dough (Will need to cut 8 large cookies)
- 1 Pint Vanilla ice cream
- 1 Cup Golden oreos, crushed
- 1 Box Strawberry cake mix, prepraed according to box instructions (Will need 1 cup of crumbled cake mix once cooled)
- 1 Cup Freeze-Dried strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Cut 8 cookies about 1- ½ inch thickness and bake according to package instructions on a nonstick baking sheet that's been sprayed with cooking oil. Once complete remove from the oven and let cool.
- Cook strawberry cake mix according to box instructions and set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, add in crushed golden oreos, freeze dried strawberries and crumbled strawberry cake.
- Scoop about 1-2 scoops of ice cream and place between two cookies and gently press down. Smooth the edges all the way around with a spoon or butter knife. Dip each side of the ice cream sandwich in the strawberry shortcake mix.
- Wrap in plastic wrap or parchment paper and place in the freezer for about 1-2 hours. Enjoy!