This Strawberry Shortcake Parfait is made with delicious buttery pound cake, sweet whipped cream and juicy strawberries. This is the perfect no-bake summer dessert!
I love how fancy a parfait looks, when in reality – it’s super easy to make and honestly takes little to no effort! The different layers of colors and textures are pretty and taste damn good. As you guys know, I am not a baker. I just love to have a little something sweet from time to time. So when I do, the recipe needs to be simple and quick. So, the fact that these Strawberry Shortcake Parfaits require little effort… that’s my kinda dessert okay!
With all of this COVID-19 stuff going on and pretty much being on lockdown these parfaits are perfect to enjoy at home with your family. Maybe next year you can make these babies and bring them to your neighborhood BBQ.
- I love to use pound cake, store bought pound cake in the bakery section. This cuts down on having to actually bake a cake. But if that’s your jam then go ahead! Vanilla or angel food cake are also good substitutions if you can’t find pound cake..
- Get store bought whipped cream, no need to waste time whipping it from scratch.
- This recipe will serve 6 mini parfait jars or you can make more and serve in a big trifle dish and make it look real fancy.
Strawberry Shortcake Parfait
- 1½ Cup Whipped Cream
- 2 Cups Strawberries, chopped (fresh or frozen)
- 1 Loaf Pound cake, cut into cubes
- 1 Tablespoon White sugar, as needed
- 1½ Tablespoon Honey, as needed
- In a medium sauce pot over medium heat, add in the strawberries, sugar and honey. Simmer until strawberry sauce begins to form. Set aside.
- To assemble the parfait, distribute the pound cake evenly between six individual serving glasses. Add in half of the strawberry sauce on top, then add a dollop or two of whipped cream. Repeat with remaining pound cake, strawberries, and whipped cream. Enjoy!