This Strawberry Stuffed French Toast is covered with a cinnamon sugar coating and stuffed with cream cheese and juicy sweet strawberries. This is quick, easy and makes for the perfect weekend breakfast!
Now you guys know im all about a good breakfast meal so im always itching to make new recipes! Let me tell you, this Strawberry Stuffed French Toast is something serious. The strawberries are nice and sweet and the cream cheese just burst out the sidesStrawberry Stuffed French Toast packed with flavor. My husband is always begging me to make stuffed french toast and im just kinda like…no haha. Although I love breakfast food i’ve never been crazy about overly sweet french toast or pancakes stuffed or topped with a sweet filling loaded with whipped cream. This recipe however is the bomb, it has just the perfect amount of sweetness, the best part is that you have the option to over stuff if you’d like of scale it back a bit if you’re like me and not too crazy about the sweetness!
I know it looks like this was ridiculously difficult to put together. But trust me, it really isn’t that hard to make. You’re pretty much just going to put the cream cheese mixture on two thick slices of bread. Add the strawberries in the middle and put the slices together like a normal sandwich. From there it’s literally like your typical french toast by soaking both sides in your egg mixture and then place it in a skillet pan to brown on both sides!
WHAT TYPE OF BREAD SHOULD I USE?
You definitely want to choose a sturdy thicker sliced bread that will not fall apart when you put it into the egg mixture before frying. You also want to make sure your bread is able to be cooked to a perfect golden brown. I have found that Challah, Brioche or French bread work the best as they tend to hold its shape when drenched in the egg mixture. They also toast really well and stay moist on the inside.
Strawberry Stuffed French Toast
- 4-5 oz Cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 Cup Powdered sugar
- 1½ Cup Strawberries, thin sliced
- 1/4 Cup Granulated sugar
- 1½ Tablespoons Ground cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons Vanilla extract
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 Loaf Challah bread, cut into 8 thick slices
- Maple syrup
- 2-3 Tablespoons Butter
- Canola oil, as needed
- 1/2 Tablespoon Brown sugar
- In a large bowl mix together cream cheese,½ tablespoon cinnamon, powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon Vanilla. Set aside
- Add the sliced strawberries in a separate bowel with granulated sugar and gently toss until coated.
- In a small bowel, mix together eggs, brown sugar, 1 Tablespoon cinnamon and Vanilla. Set aside.
- Spread a layer of the cream cheese mixture on one side of the challah bread and add some of the strawberries on top. Close to make a "sandwich".
- Melt butter and a little canola oil in a large non stick pan or griddle over medium heat.
- Dip the french toast in the egg mixture covering all sides and place in the skillet to cook for about 2-4 minutes on each side. Continue the above steps until all of the french toast hs been cooked. Enjoy!