Calling all cake lovers! This delicious Strawberry Swirl Pound Cake is decadent, moist with yummy swirls of a homemade strawberry icing.
It’s crazy because growing up I was never a huge sweets eater in regards to pastries. Pound cake was always sort of blah to me, like eh I could live without it. The cake had to be either jazzed up or included some serious flavor. I was always a candy crazed kid haha, and I still LOVE candy. I’m sure when my son starts trick or treating I’ll be up sorting and secretly eating his candy. Anyway, as I’ve gotten older, I’ve grown to love pastries especially cake. I just can’t get enough of a perfectly dense yet moist cake. You know the one grandma or your auntie makes! What about you, do you like pound cake?
This Strawberry Swirl Pound Cake tastes amazing with a hot cup of coffee mid day or you can serve it with vanilla ice cream for dessert!
Strawberry Swirl Pound Cake
- 5 Eggs
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 3 Cups Flour
- 2½ Cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Baking powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
For the Icing
- 2-3 Cups Frozen or Fresh Strawberries (cooked down into a preserve)
- 1 Cups Powdered sugar, as needed
- ¼ Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla extract, as needed
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease two 9x5 Loaf Pans or one 12-cup Bundt Pan with nonstick spray or butter. Line pan with parchment paper for easy removal after baking is complete.
- In medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt then set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, beat the granulated sugar, butter, vanilla and eggs with an electric mixer on low speed for about 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly.
- Beat on high speed for 5 minutes, be sure to scrape the bowl occasionally. Add the flour mixture into sugar mixture. Slowly add in milk on low speed, beating just until smooth after each addition.
- Pour the cake batter into the pans of your choice and bake for about 1 hour until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan on a wire rack for about 10 minutes then invert cake on serving plate. or wire rack
For the Icing
- Once cake has cooled to room temperature, heat the strawberries and sugar in a pot over medium heat.
- Cook until strawberries have cooked down and become a preserve. Set aside
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the strawberry puree, powdered sugar, vanilla and lemon juice until smooth and pourable.
- Spoon over the cake, enoy!
Leave a Reply