This Sweet Chili Chicken is flavor-packed, covered in the most delicious sweet and spicy sauce that will have you hooked!
There’s nothing better than a deliciously tender and juicy chicken recipe that’s made with just a handful of ingredients that can be made in one pan!
DO I HAVE TO USE CHICKEN THIGHS?
Absolutely not, you can certainly use chicken breasts if you prefer. However, In my experience, they won’t be as juicy and tender. I suggest you use chicken thighs to make this because they’re packed with juicy flavor and they don’t dry out at high temperatures.
The good thing is that if you decide to use chicken breast they take less time to cook!
HOW DO I GET MY SKIN CRISPY?
To achieve crispy chicken, make sure you pat your chicken dry and start with a hot pan. Too much water in the pan will cause the chicken to steam. Wait to flip the chicken until a nice crust begins to form. Flip the chicken as little as possible, until the chicken is golden brown
HOW LONG SHOULD I COOK THE CHICKEN THIGHS?
Chicken thighs are cooked when there is no longer any pink running through the meat. The internal temperature of the chicken should also read 165˚F.
Questions about this Sweet Chili Chicken? Did you make this recipe? Let me know in the comments below! Tag me #chefelizabethreese on Instagram, I’d love to see your creations!
NEED MORE CHICKEN RECIPES? CHECK OUT A FEW OF MY FAVORITES BELOW.
- Blueberry BBQ Chicken
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Thighs
- Baked Chicken Burritos
- Oven Baked BBQ Chicken
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
Sweet Chili Chicken
For the Chicken
- 6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- Canola Oil, enough to generously coat the chicken
- 1 Tablespoon Canola Oil, for searing the chicken
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
For the Sweet Chili Sauce
- 4 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 1½ Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Wine Vinegar
- ⅓ Cup Honey
- 1½ Tablespoon Sweet Chili Paste (I use Sambal Oelek)
- Fresh Chopped Green Onion, for Garnish
- Generously coat the chicken thighs in a little canola oil and generously season both sides of the chicken with kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add the butter and about 1 tablespoon of canola oil.
- Sear the chicken on both sides until golden brown. Move the chicken to the outer layer of the pan creating a “hole” in the center.
- Add in the garlic to the center of the pan and cook until fragrant, be careful not to burn. Mix in the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar. Continue cooking for about 1 minute or so.
- Mix in the chili paste, then add the honey.
- Move the chicken around to evenly coat in the sweet chili sauce. Continue simmering for about 2-3 minutes. Garnish with fresh chopped green onion. Enjoy!