The BEST Banana Pudding is a recipe that you NEED! If you love creamy, rich and tasty banana pudding, then this is for you. It’s a classic recipe that you’re going to love!
I know guys I’ve been holding out and I feel guilty! Ugh, I know… I made this recipe so long ago, and just now getting to post it. But you will love this recipe because it’s so easy to make and hands down the BEST banana pudding I’ve ever had…I’m not just saying that because I made it but really its yummy! The Lorna Doone shortbread cookies and graham cracker crust take this pudding to a whole other level. Honestly, once you try this recipe there is no going back to your “typical” banana pudding! I’m sure this banana pudding is a version of what you grew up on at your grandma’s house, so you will not be disappointed
CAN I USE VANILLA WAFERS INSTEAD OF SHORTBREAD COOKIES?
Absolutely! I just prefer shortbread because of the flavor. Also, don’t get too hung up on how many graham crackers you add for your crust on the bottom or cookies you add for the topping. You pretty much just need enough to cover the bottom of the dish and enough shortbread cookies to coat the top.
DO I HAVE TO USE RAMEKINS?
Of course not! I chose to use them because I wanted to make specific portions however, you can use a pie pan or whatever you’d like. I found that glass tends to work best!
Questions about this Banana Pudding? Did you make this recipe? Let me know in the comments below! Tag me #chefelizabethreese on Instagram, I’d love to see your creations!
The BEST Banana Pudding
- 4 Sliced bananas
- 1 8 oz Block of cream cheese, softened
- 1 14 oz Can of Sweetened condensed milk
- 1 5 oz Pack of Instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 Cups 2 % milk, cold
- 1/2 Tablespoon Vanilla extract
- 1 Teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 1½ Sticks Butter, melted
- 2 Packs Graham crackes, crushed
- 1 Tablespoon Brown sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoons Ground cinnamon
- 1 8 oz Container Cool whip (half of a 8 oz container)
- Lorna Doone Shortbread cookies, for topping
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment mix the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk together until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary, about 2-3 minutes on medium speed.
- Add in the pudding mix, milk and vanilla extract. Mix on low for about a minute, slowly turning up the speed until you’re on a higher speed. Mix this for about 4 minutes until thickened and smooth, be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl as necessary. Add in ground cinnamon and mix.
- Fold in half of the Cool Whip into the pudding mix until combined. Reserve the rest for layering.
- Add crushed graham crackers, cinnamon and brown sugar to the melted butter and mix well to form a crust.
- Line the bottom of a 9×13 glass dish with the graham cracker crust. Place the banana slices on top of the crust. Spread the pudding mixture on top of the bananas. Spread some of the remaining Cool Whip on top of the pudding and continue to layer until finished. Enjoy!