Buttery, chewy, delicious Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies with pieces of milk chocolate covered toffee. You are sure to fall in love!
You guys, I am super excited to share this cookie recipe with you! I absolutely love any form of chocolate chip cookies so I had to make sure this one was just right and I’m happy to report that these are amazing. So moist, so chewy with slightly crispy edges I mean do I really need to say more? These Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies truly are one of the most flavorful cookies I’ve ever had. Like you legit have to try this recipe.
DO I HAVE TO USE BREAD FLOUR?
You don’t absolutely have to use bread flour, but I strongly recommend it if you have access to it because it adds that chewy texture to the cookies which is totally worth it! Now if you don’t have bread flour, then use a total of 2 cups of all-purpose flour in the recipe instead.
- Make sure you chill the dough! This is a very important step, the dough will need time to chill, it also gives the flavors and textures time to come together.
- Please make sure you are measuring properly. I recommend spooning your ingredients in the measuring cups and leveling them off with the back of a butter knife, especially the flour.
- Let your cookies cool! I know it will be super hard but totally worth it in order to get that soft chewy center and crispy edge.
- These cookies taste best 1-2 days after being made. They do last up to a week in an airtight container and kept at room temperature. However, be sure to wait until cookies are completely cooled before adding them to the container.
Questions about these Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies? Did you make this recipe? Let me know in the comments below! Tag me #chefelizabethreese on Instagram, I’d love to see your creations!
Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 Teaspoons Cornstarch
- 1 Cup Butter, Room Temperature
- ¾ Cup Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Bread Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- 1 Egg Yolk
- ½ Cup Chocolate Chips
- 4 oz Bar of Chopped Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 1 Cup Chopped Toffee (Mini Heath Bars)
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Whisk the dry ingredients- all purpose flour, bread flour, baking soda, baking powder, cornstarch and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a stand mixer using the paddle attachment (or a bowl with a hand mixer), beat the butter for about 3-5 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Add the granulated sugar and brown sugar, and vanilla extract. Continue mixing for another 2ish minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Add in the egg and egg yolk. Mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixer a little at a time and mix together until fully incorporated, about 30 seconds. Fold the chopped chocolate, along with the chocolate chips and chopped toffee in the cookie dough.
- Chill the dough for about 30 minutes.
- Scoop cookie dough onto a parchment paper-lined sheet tray with a standard cookie scoop.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes, then allow to finish baking on the hot cookie sheet for about 2ish minutes.
- Top with extra chocolate chips and toffee pieces while the cookies are still warm.Transfer to a wired rack. Enjoy!