Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
These Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps are yummy, healthy-ish and full of flavor.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
- 2 Tablespoons Green onion, chopped
- 3-4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons Carrots, shredded
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger, grated
- 1/3 Cup Yellow onion, chopped
- 2-3 Tablespoons Hoisin sauce or as needed
- 1 Tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame oil
- ½-1 Tablespoon Rice wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Garlic powder, as needed
- 1 Tablespoon Canola oil
- 1 lb Ground chicken
- Sesame seeds, as needed
- Sriracha, as needed
- 1 Head Butter lettuce, rinsed
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook the ground chicken for about 5-7 minutes until brown on all sides. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Drain fat some of the fat, then add green and yellow onions, ginger and garlic and cook until the yellow onions are translucent, and the garlic is fragrant.
Stir in hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sriracha and sesame oil and cook for another 2-3 minutes, giving the flavors a chance to blend.
Serve with butter lettuce, add additional sriracha and sesame seeds on top if desired. Enjoy!