These easy Shrimp Ramen Bowls use pantry ingredients that you already have on hand. Quick, delicious lunch or dinner that can be made in less than 30 minutes!
I am pretty much obsessed with any sort of Asian dish, hot or cold you name it. Throughout my entire pregnancy my obsession was heightened, I guess that was a “craving”! Literally every week I’m telling my husband that we should get Asian for dinner, I’m pretty sure he’s sick of it haha. Truthfully, when you can make a quick noodle dish right at home and use up some of those ingredients in your fridge or pantry, it’s even better. I mean it’s better than waiting for takeout or going to a full blow restaurant, right?
During my early college days Ramen noodles were it, like they were my go-to meal haha not to mention that they were filling, tasty and cheap for that matter. Especially living on a college budget, these did the trick from time to time. Who else can relate? I am super excited to share this Shrimp Ramen Bowl recipe with you guys, it’s really easy to make using packaged Ramen noodles (not the seasoning packet though… you can throw that away) fresh veggies and shrimp. You will literally never want to go back to the plain noodles and seasoning packet after you try this bomb recipe! Feel free to also substitute the shrimp for different protein if you’re not a seafood person.
- If you don’t plan on eating the Ramen right away then make the noodles separately add them to the soup mixture when ready to serve, this will avoid mushiness of the noodles as they tend to soak up the broth and become much more soggy if sitting for a longer period of time.
Shrimp Ramen Bowls
- 4 Packages Ramen noodles (Discard the seasoning packets)
- 2 lbs Large or medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6-8 Cups Chicken broth
- 1-2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Canola oil
- Sriracha, as needed
- 1-2 Tablespoons Lime juice, as needed
- 3 Tablespoons Low sodium soy sauce, as needed
- 2 Tablespoons Cilantro, chopped
- ¾ Cups Carrots, shredded
- 2½ Cups Green cabbage, shredded
- ½ Cup Yellow onion, chopped
- ½ Cup Red pepper, chopped
- ¼ Cup Green onion, chopped
- Kosher salt and black pepper, as needed
- Garlic powder, as needed
- In a large skillet over medium heat a little butter and oil. Season shrimp with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add shrimp to the pan and cook for about 1-2 minutes on each side or until firm and pink. Set aside.
- In a large sauce-pot over medium heat add 1 tablespoon of butter and about 2 tablespoons of canola oil. Add carrots, yellow onions, cabbage and peppers and cook for about 2-3 minutes. Add chicken broth, soy sauce, lime juice, green onion and sriracha mix until combined. Bring to a slight boil then reduce heat to medium and let simmer for about 8-9 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Add the dry ramen noodles to the broth mixture and cook for another 2-3 minutes until the noodles are al dente, not soggy. Enjoy!