This Creamy Marsala Pork Chops recipe is an easy dinner that comes together pretty quickly. It’s perfect for entertaining if you want to get a little fancy!
So chicken isn’t the only thing that pairs perfectly with Marsala wine sauce. In this particular dish, I am using pork chops which taste amazing. In fact, I also used marsala wine in my Marsala Pasta with Italian Sausage recipe which is one of my go to weeknight dinner meals. I know…this dish may sound all fancy and crazy difficult to make, but trust me it’s really not. It’s actually pretty simple and doesn’t take much time. Now if you’re not too crazy about pork then feel free to substitute the protein and use chicken or turkey filet! I have done both and it tastes perfectly fine.
Honestly, in my opinion the best part about this Creamy Marsala Pork Chops recipe is the rich and flavorful cream sauce. The Marsala wine, fresh herbs, and cream of course, compliment the juicy pork perfectly. If you’re having guests over and want to make something fancy that tastes good and that won’t take a lot of time then this is definitely the recipe for you!
Creamy Marsala Pork Chops
- 4 Thin cut boneless pork chops
- 1 Cup All purpose flour, as needed (For dredging the pork chops)
- 4-5 Tablespoons Canola oil, as needed
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- Kosher salt and black pepper, as needed
- Garlic powder, as needed
- 1½ Tablespoons Fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 Large Shallot, sliced
- 1½ Cup Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Cup Marsala cooking wine
- ⅓ Cup Heavy cream, as needed
- 1 Cup Chicken broth
- 1½ Tablespoon All purpose flour (For the cream sauce)
- Heat canola oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Season the pork chops on both sides with kosher salt, pepper and garlic powder. Lightly dredge the pork chops in flour.
- Add the pork chops to the pan and sear on both sides until lightly brown and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Remove the pork chops from the pan and set aside.
- Add a little more oil or butter to the pan if needed and add in mushrooms, shallots and rosemary and saute until the mushrooms are slightly tender. Add in 1 ½ tablespoon of flour and mix well.
- Deglaze the pan with the marsala cooking wine and cook until the wine has reduced. Stir in chicken broth.
- Add in heavy cream and increase the heat a bit to medium high for about 4-5 minutes until the sauce begins to thicken. Season to taste.
- Add pork chops back to the pan. Enjoy!